Disclaimer: This resource page contains affiliate links which means I will earn a small commission if you make a purchase at no extra cost to you.
If you have been following my content for a while, you will know that I love things that are cheap or free. There are a lot of resources on the big world wide web but there are tools that require a small free if you want to succeed in this blogging world. I will list as many free tools as I can but I will also list the ones that will help grow your business.
Starting a Blog
1.Hosting: For a new blog, a good hosting platform is 1and1.com. They are UK based and they have a good customer services. It cost £4.95 a month to have your blog up and running.
2. WordPress: With every hosting platform, you need a good content management system and wordpress is by far a great platform. Beware that I would avoid wordpress.com because all of your content belongs to wordpress but with wordpress.org, your content belongs to you and you are able to monetize your site.
3. Mailchimp Powered by MailChimp – FREE – You get this service for free for your first 1000 subscribers. Its a good starting point.
4. Pixabay – FREE – great stock photos to use on your site.
5. Canva – FREE- great to create all of your image content. Pinterest pins, blog feature images, Instagram feeds.
Buffer – FREE – scheduled post for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – Paid Version available
Crowdfire – FREE – great for growing your Twitter account – Paid Version available
Tailwind – FREE for 30 days – Paid version available
– Great for scheduled pins – Paid Version available As of 27th June 2018, Boardbooster will ease to operate anymore.
Create your social media account – facebook, twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, google plus, bloglovin, stumble upon is now called mix
Yoast SEO – improve your SEO score
Social Warfare – social media share buttons
Google Analytics – statistic tracker
I hope you find these resources useful but if you want succeed as a blogger, you need to be willing to learn, unlearn, relearn and learn again.